Striving for quiet, balance, and growth in Gadsden, Alabama.
- Training for a Spartan Trifecta (✔️
April, July, & ?). Working on engaging my core and lengthening my quads for a long stride where I pull more than I push. In my third pair of Merrell Trail Glove 3’s, and looking forward to the 4’s.
- Reflecting on my marriage. We’re just a few days away from our five-year anniversary! Bonus descriptions, for the unmarried:
– A meme Megan shared which read: “Marriage is 90% yelling ‘What?’ from another room”
– A quote from my wife on the subject: “Sometimes it feels like yesterday! And sometimes it feels like 30 years!”
- Drinking Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. They just recently started distributing in our area. I’ve been a fan for –
ages, particularly of this beer, but had to drive out of state to find it. I’m hoppy to have it 10 minutes away!
- Replicating basil. I’m not sure of the technical term here, but I should learn it. I’m taking stems, cut just above a 2-leaf split, and leaving it’s step in a shotglass of water for 7-10 days. Then, it sprouts little white roots! 😻
This page was last updated in May of 2017.